Developing Your Creativity
This course is for everyone who wants to feel inspired and get engaged in a creative thinking process, to meet like-minded people from a diversity of backgrounds through visual games, and to develop a creative notebook while learning about contemporary art.
Whether you enjoy drawing, writing, painting, designing or illustrating, the classes will enable you to cultivate your creative energy by engaging with a diversity of references to the arts, culture and wider societal developments.
During the 5-week course you will:
- develop a creative notebook to explore your ideas further and to turn them into proper projects
- learn about Creativity through theories on creative thinking and through the practice of contemporary artists
- get inspired by the books brought to each class, full of ideas and examples (you will be encouraged to read more as books open your eyes and mind!)
- engage in critical discussions and visualisation exercises to explore various concepts and perspectives
- feel motivated to dedicate more time to immerse yourself in your creative projects
- be encouraged to visit exhibitions and other cultural events with the group
- and collaborate with an international group of like-minded people (high chance of new friendships!) with whom you can easily stay in touch through the Visual Agency Community on Facebook - a closed group for all previous participants to continue sharing ideas.
Interested in joining this creative journey? Find out more about the course below:
What: 5 classes, each 3 hours long
Where: We work in the Midtskibet Room at Kulturhuset Islands Brygge, situated at the water front of Islands Brygge with a fantastic view over the water!
Address: Kulturhuset Islands Brygge, Islands Brygge 18, 2300 Copenhagen
When: Weeks 33-37
- CLASS 1 | Tuesday 15 Aug 18:00-21:00 | CREATIVITY & AESTHETICS
- CLASS 2 | Tuesday 22 Aug 18:00-21:00 | CREATIVITY & TIME+SPACE
- CLASS 3 | Tuesday 29 Aug 18:00-21:00 | CREATIVITY & IDENTITY
- CLASS 4 | Tuesday 5 Sept 18:00-21:00 | CREATIVITY & POLITICS
- CLASS 5 | Tuesday 12 Sept 18:00-21:00 | CREATIVITY & TECHNOLOGY
Course Topics and Structure: read more about the course at www.visualagency.org/developingyourcreativity.html
Price: DKK 1,600 for the whole course (Early-Bird tickets for DKK 1,300 are available until 24.07.2017)
Bring: For the second class, you will need to bring a notebook, ideally of a size bigger than A5 with blanco pages - the notebook choice depends on your preferred style of working. I will show some examples and give you more information about the notebook at the first class.
Language: the course will be taught in English
More information: www.visualagency.org/developingyourcreativity.html
Facilitator: Agnieszka Mlicka, founder of Visual Agency, has a BFA Fine Art degree from the University of Oxford and an MA Painting degree from the University of the Arts London. She has undertaken 6 years of PhD research in art and architecture at Central Saint Martins, University of the Arts London. Agnieszka has a Postgraduate Certificate of Special Study in Supporting Learning (awarded with distinction), and gained teaching experience at four different universities in London and Florence.
"To achieve visual agency is to feel empowered to think and act through creative visual expression of one's ideas in dialogue with others."
For more information, please contact:
Agnieszka Mlicka, Visual Agency
artist | researcher | facilitator
T: 53 83 41 70